Community Education — Isn’t It Time We Talk?
If you’d like to have someone from Trellis Supportive Care, North Carolina's original hospice and palliative care provider, speak to your church, school or community group, please call us at 336-768-6157, ext. 1622.
Speaking topics include:
- What hospice REALLY is
- How to talk to your family and physician about end of life care planning
- More about Living Wills and Health Care Powers of Attorney
- Benefits and burdens of various treatment options
- How to find a speaker for your church or community group
- How to build an end of life care support system in your faith community
The Community Partnership for End of Life Care
Trellis Supportive Care, North Carolina's original hospice and palliative care provider, created the Community Partnership for End of Life Care in 1999 to improve the quality of end of life care throughout the community.
Do you know...
- When it is time to call hospice?
- How to discuss and document your end of life care wishes?
- What happens when choices are made in times of crisis?
- How to approach the subject with family and physicians?
- Who will speak for you if you can’t speak for yourself?
- Got Plans? For more information on weekly Advance Care Planning Workshops, click here or go to www.gotplans123.org
Education for Healthcare Professionals
We help educate healthcare professionals by providing the following services.
On the Hospice campus:
- CME events — a wide variety of topics
- Community forums
- Workshops and classes on a variety of topics
At Medical Centers:
- Speakers for Grand Rounds
- CME sessions for MDs, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and RNs
- Presentations for hospital department staff meetings
In Physician Practices, Long Term Care, Assisted Living, CCRC, and Human Service agencies:
- Education on the MOST (Medical Orders for Scope of Treatment) form
- Medical Ethics classes
- Assistance for patients, families, and staff with making and documenting healthcare wishes
To learn more or arrange a presentation on any end of life care topics, call 336-768-6157 ext 1622, or 1-888-876-3663, or contact us via email.
Our clinical and community educators provide ongoing events and presentations, either on our campus or at your site.